After months of working on version 2.0 of Carp Fishing Simulator, it’s taking much longer than I expected so I’ve released a small update.
This update adds:
New fish models for Mirror Carp
2 new species: Common Carp and Catfish
Another lake, for huge Carp Called Giantica
Giantica holds carp to over 100lbs but not many fish, the smallest in there is around 70lb. Angling is tough but if you get a run you know it’s a monster!
To get access to Giantica you need to earn in game coins by catching fish. You get 10 coins for every lbs of fish you catch. You can purchase either a single session ticket for 1000 coins or an unlimited ticket for 10,000 coins. Don’t worry if you don’t have time to save the coins, you can now purchase coins via In App Purchase too.
The update I’ve been working on for months is taking far longer than I imagined. As many of you, quite rightly, have pointed out the updates are overdue.
So whilst I still work on that version, which I’ll refer to as v2.0 I’ve updated the current PC/Mac version to v1.6d to which I’ve added Common carp, New Mirror Carp both to 50lb and catfish to 30lb, the carp also have the new shape changing script I wrote, so each fish should be unique. I’ve also added new bivvy and bedchair graphics taken from the v2.0. Hopefully this will give you guys something new to aim for in the coming winter months.
After a hectic few months working on the mobile version of CFS I’ve finally had time to look at the PC/Mac version. Over the months I’ve been looking at various graphical improvements I’d like to put in the game but these will take time.
Finally had to release this update as you’d never end up playing it! There’s still issues I’d like to have fixed before releasing it but it would of pushed back this release to after christmas and that wouldn’t of been good. The main issue is that smaller fish, like Perch are fighting like a 10lb Carp. You can’t reel them in like you would in real life. I’ll be working on this for the next update in the new year.
So what’s new:
Changed the way striking works, you now have to select the rod that has the run on and press ENTER to strike.
New species: Grass Carp, Perch, Tench & Bream
Tackle and bait menu, you can now select your tackle and bait using the button in the top left of the screen. Baits are fully working, tackle is only partially working at the moment.
Added more trees
Remade all the menus
Fixed a bunch of errors
Added a bailiff type hut with catch photos in there near the car park.
Well after over a year of on and off development, finally things are beginning to take shape at a rapid rate. Scrapped is the old 2d version, everything is in 3d now and the player can wander around the lake and fish where they choose to.
Check out the official facebook page for videos and images of Carp Fishing Simulator in action.
The lite (free demo) version of Invaderz of Doom is now live on Google Play. here
The iOS free and paid version as well as the Android paid version will be available soon.
Having been a fan of the excellent Fishing Simulator 2 since 2000, I’m toying with the idea of making my own Fishing Simulator.
Here’s a screenshot of what I have so far, after a couple of hours ‘experimenting’:
A very rough screenshot.
So what do you guys think? Is it something you’d like to see?
I’ve been working on another mobile game in the down time from working on my other games & updating ARDrone Sim. (phew!)
Anyway, it’s a game that you play by tilting your device and the aim of the game is to collect the petals before the time runs out &/or the Bees kill you. There’s various collectables along the way and the full version will include different butterflies you can control, each with different characteristics.
Version 3.1 is now available from Google Play and the Apple App Store. It adds and whole new user interface with graphics quality options, on iOS it adds the tilt control neutral calibration which was already on the Android version.
Anyway, stop reading this and go get it!!
I’m currently in the process of updating ARDrone Sim to v3.0, the reason it’s taking so long is because I’m completely reprogramming the user interface (all the buttons and menus) and although it doesn’t sound like a large task it really is.
So… be patient.